Matchbox HR is seeking an experienced Software Asset Manager on behalf of our client, a leader in British Columbia’s Utilities sector. This role is a contract position, with a strong possibility of extension, operating on a hybrid basis from the clients Burnaby Office.
This role will offer support to the business by facilitating complex decision-making in support of the design and implementation of business change or improvement initiatives.
- Performing data reconciliation and remediation activities to ensure data accuracy and quality
- Ensures informed decision-making between application and infrastructure teams, facilitating architectural and licensing decisions which meet contract requirements and optimize overall cost of ownership.
- Leads the company’s response to audits initiated by software publishers, establishing defence strategies and leading cross-functional teams to ensure timely, coordinated response to audit requirements.
- Five to ten years of experience managing software compliance, including negotiation of terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and architectural design concepts which impact software licensing, and how these concepts impact licensing.
- Experience leading software audits and/or software audit defence in a complex technology environment, including use of tools and data analysis techniques to assess effective license positions.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com