MatchBox Consulting is seeking an Assistant Development Manger for our client, an iconic wood-frame developer-builder located in the Fraser Valley. With a 50+ year history of delivering exceptional projects, our client possesses a deep pipeline of large wood-frame projects and are known throughout the industry for their commitment to quality, excellent work-life balance and family-oriented culture, and collaborative approach.
The Assistant Development Manager will be a dedicated and insightful real estate development professional who is responsible for supporting the development team in managing all aspects of multi-family construction projects.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of site feasibility and due diligence for purchase agreements.
- Create and maintain project proformas to guarantee budget accuracy.
- Analyze consultant budgets, municipal fee budgets, and civil servicing scopes.
- Aid in the selection and oversight of consultants during design development and approval processes.
- Secure necessary approvals and entitlements, including development and building permits from municipal authorities.
- Manage development schedules to ensure timely approval from municipal authorities.
- Promote collaboration and communication among Development, Construction, and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Stay up-to-date with planning initiatives and cultivate positive relationships with municipal staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in real estate development or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a development role or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communicator, skilled at expressing yourself through conversation and writing.
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to produce high quality results when dealing with a high volume of work.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com