MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Assistant Superintendent for one of Vancouver’s most exciting, award-winning developer-builders. With over 30 years of experience, our client is a diversified real estate construction, development, and management company who specializes in residential, commercial, industrial, and hotel developments across North America.
Ideal candidates will possess over 2 years of site-based experience in Canada in a supervisory role, experience working on wood frame or concrete projects, and a hunger for growth. If you’re looking to take your career to the next level with a highly coveted, financially stable developer and work on diverse projects, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Supervising and coordinating the work of the site crew and subtrades
- Ensuring that the required quality standards for the project are attained
- Working towards on-schedule completion of the project
- Ensuring your crew and working conditions are safe
- Ensuring and maximizing your crew’s capabilities
- Coaching your crew on best construction practices and technologies available
- Monitoring work progress and initiating any corrective actions required
- Reporting to Site Superintendents on site progress, possible delays and other issues
- Troubleshooting common issues that may arise on site
- Maintaining good working relationship with the team, subtrades and regulatory authorities
- 2 or more years of construction site management experience in Canada
- Experience working on wood frame projects
- Red Seal journeyman carpenter designation is preferred; in lieu of a red seal designation, a strong combination of work experience and additional education (construction operations, gold seal, etc) will be considered
- Ability to interpret construction documents, including drawings, plans and schedules
- Commitment to the job site safety and project quality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project
- Proven problem-solving skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...