MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for an Associate Principal in Toronto, ON. Our client is an industry leading mechanical engineering consulting firm. Over the past 25+ years, our client has leveraged their expertise in mechanical design and project management to deliver solutions for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems, and energy modelling projects located across Canada and California. As they continue to grow, they are seeking an Associate Principal to join their Toronto office and play a key role in managing the business, bringing in new clients, and contributing their technical expertise to add value and contribute to the successful completion of projects. The successful candidate will need to exhibit exceptional management and interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an outgoing, performance driven, team building candidate with a strong Commercial, Institutional and Mixed-Use Residential background.
If you’re a Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer, Project Engineer, or Project Manager looking to take the next step in your career, this is one role you don’t want to pass up!
- Lead a team of 15+, demonstrating technical and leadership skills to ensure successful project completion and fostering a culture of respect for technical knowledge.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert (SME) for peers and team members.
- Strive for excellence by delivering high-quality advice, designs, and workmanship, exceeding client expectations.
- Drive office and team production, managing resources, deadlines, and overall utilization in alignment with corporate Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Lead by example, build strong team relationships, ensure professional quality services, and actively participate in corporate strategies, business development, and employee development efforts.
- 15+ years of proven experience managing a high performing Engineering department of Mechanical Engineering specialists to acquire and complete projects within the Commercial, Institutional and Mixed-Use Residential construction sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- P. Eng, or L.E.L designation in the province of Ontario with the willingness to stamp and sign documents.
- Experience managing mid-large sized teams of 10 team members or more with an annual gross revenue of $2 Million+
- An understanding of accounting terminology, utilization, margin, and profitability metrics, including:
- Project invoicing and disbursement management
- Work in progress (WIP)
- Staff utilization, overhead, burn rate and project backlog
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com