MatchBox Consulting Group is on the hunt for a Building Science Specialist in Edmonton, AB. Our client is an established engineering firm known for their expertise in providing innovative and sustainable solutions across a wide range of sectors, including civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering. With a track record of successful projects and a commitment to client satisfaction, our client continues to be a trusted leader in the industry.
Their core purpose is to create safe, inclusive, and resilient cities, fueled by shared knowledge for innovative solutions across urban and remote areas in Western and Northern Canada. Their team's impact extends beyond engineering through fair compensation, growth opportunities, and a flexible work environment. Remote work aligns with their community-focused goal and carbon footprint reduction. Our client fully endorses remote work, with approval from managers.
If you’re looking to make a meaningful impact, championing community well-being and purpose through your role, apply below!
The Building Science Specialist will work closely with the Project Manager and Building Science Team Lead and assist on various projects and contribute to the technical capability and production requirements of the service line. The ideal candidate will also provide exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners.
- Collaborate with team leads and communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating useful information.
- Maintain a working relationship with other teammates.
- Participate in discussions with client, as required.
- Write field inspections and technical reports.
- Under supervision, conduct inspections and provide technical services for the following: curtain wall systems:
- curtain wall systems
- energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- material interactions and compatibilities
- materials engineering
- transfer of heat, air and moisture through a building envelope
- Engage in design reviews, field reports, investigations, reserve funds/FE, and site inspections.
- Contribute to updating corporate standards, devising innovative approaches, and applying criteria creatively.
- Assess project risks during the proposal stage and effectively manage them to meet client and internal requirements.
- Approve project designs and reports, including those of engineers in training, through peer review.
- Embody and promote the purpose and core values of WEC.
- Adhere to company policies, guidelines, and safety protocols, both internal and client-specific.
- Possess the ability to obtain a Federal security clearance for institutional projects, if necessary.
- Completion of a Technical Certificate or Diploma program in Civil, Architectural, or Construction Technology OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Relevant building envelope experience or knowledge is necessary.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is necessary.
- Possession of E.I.T., AScT, or C.E.T. designation is advantageous.
- Progress towards P.Eng., P. Tech., or P.L.Eng. is a possibility.
- Valid class 5 driver's license is mandatory.
Skills & Assets
- Strong interpersonal abilities, including active listening, respecting diverse viewpoints, and clear, concise communication.
- Effective organizational and time management skills for handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Skill in representing the company positively to WE teammates, clients, and the community.
- Proficiency in WE systems and programs: MS Office 365, SharePoint, Deltek Vision, AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with building codes, national energy code, ASTM, CGSB, and CSA standards.
- Proficient in engineering problem-solving.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Ability to interpret technical building envelope drawings and specifications.
- Ethical application of technical work.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com