MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON.
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager who will drive new business, leveraging existing industry relationships and build new connections, becoming an integral part of growing our market share in Ontario. We are looking for a goal oriented, experienced business development lead to bring in new leads and win new projects.
Our client offers the following:
- An award-winning culture that embraces continuous improvement.
- Annual team engagement metrics
- Remote/Flexible work
- RRSP Matching, Wellness package and a well rounded benefits package.
- Maintain awareness of current local marketplace and trends to gain and maintain our competitive advantage and develop effective pursuit strategies.
- Represent the company at external events to grow brand awareness and build new connections.
- Leverage your existing relationships and build new ones, acting as the main point of contact with the client to bring in new leads.
- Lead meetings with prospective clients; working with project teams to prepare and deliver presentations on service offerings highlighting value propositions of Scott.
- Provide input and action towards our strategic plan to achieve our collective goals for the Ontario region.
- Evaluate potential project opportunities, reviewing the specifications, leading Go/No Go meetings and leveraging your intel to advise the team as to whether we should pursue projects.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s goals, needs, concerns and project drivers and clearly communicate this to internal stakeholders to help develop a bid to win strategy.
- Track and enter information about opportunities, potential clients, and RFQ/RFP/Tenders in our Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Lead bi-weekly Business Development (BD) Meetings, where you’ll update the wider management team on the pipeline- leads, status of RFQ/RFP submissions and developing opportunities.
- Be engaged in proposal preparation for RFQ/RFP submissions, providing input/intel to the team, and providing detailed reviews and feedback on the proposal during the review process.of development permit packages, assist with rezoning submission packages
- 5+ years business development experience within the construction or commercial real estate/residential developer industry.
- Proven track record of leading successful sales pursuits.
- Strong network of potential clients in key growth sectors for our firm: private sector for multi-family residential, commercial office, hospitality. For public sector, connections in post-secondary and municipal sectors would be an asset.
- Ability to source and build new relationships, from prospecting to securing introductory meetings and developing relationships with new potential clients.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...