MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Business Development Manager in Edmonton, AB.
Our client is a well-established client-focused construction firm with locations across Alberta.
They are seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Business Development Manager to join their team in Edmonton.
Our client is specifically seeking a candidate with an extensive record of business development success in the construction industry. A Post-secondary education is preferred, ideally in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
Our client is seeking the best construction professionals in Canada to join their team and welcome applications from out-of-province candidates.
- Develop strategies and objectives in support of your business development goals.
- Responsible for the business development process by acquiring and defining project opportunities, along with performing research and managing client contact.
- Identify the total market potential for each established target market. Develop and implement action plans to improve market share.
- Prepare, develop and ensure high-quality proposals and presentations. Identify new market trends including architectural design, geographic, economic, etc.
- Has a thorough understanding of the competitors in the market; developing and implementing effective strategies in winning new business.
- Participate in the estimating/budgeting process for competitive proposals while taking into account project-specific challenges.
- Identify scope of work through discussion with client. Work with in-house design department to establish site plan, floor plans, elevations and define and complete a scope of work/sales letter for presentation to the client.
- Maintain a level of ownership of each project to ensure the day to day operations of the project are transitioned effectively to Project Managers when work commences in the field.
- Provide leadership and business judgment on all financial and profitability aspects of new projects. Establish profit margins with Construction at the beginning of the project.
- Communicate with the President and Senior Leadership Team on any and all issues that could be detrimental or create new opportunities.
- Buy into the culture of respect, integrity, and open communication. An environment that is conducive to teamwork and that delivers a high level of customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and profitability.
- A minimum 10 years of related experience in business development roles and a focus in commercial construction experience.
- Has a proven track record of getting contracts closed in the 3 to 15 million dollar range.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a relevant field such as Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, trade practices, building codes, project scheduling, project cost control, and safety procedures. Experienced in defining scopes of work and pricing labor and material during the negotiation process.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and manage workflow to ensure quality and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in utilizing technology solutions to assist in database management, proposal creation, and other business development processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data; comprehend, model, and analyze development pro-formas and project estimates.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including public speaking), with proven negotiation skills. Ability to understand customer requirements and to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive attitude. Ability to drive goals and results while maintaining quality and attention to critical details.
- Demonstrated strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member to produce high-quality results.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...