MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Business Finance Manager for a renowned civil infrastructure development companies. Having been involved in iconic landmark projects and with over a century of industry experience, they are an incredibly sought-after employer that prides themselves on their commitment to safety, quality, professionalism, and people-focused culture. This position is a based in the Greater Seattle area.
- Oversight of finance activities within Major Projects West, USA operation which includes financial reporting, budgeting, taxation & treasury.
- Responsible for the compliance and submission of applicable taxes including sales, commodity, and payroll tax.
- Perform cost reviews and confirm project forecast with project management team and calculate accounting revenue and margin to be recognized using percentage of completion.
- Prepare and review a list of journal entries and schedules to close of month end including:
- Project cost accruals
- Fixed asset and lease liability
- Insurance and bonding amortization
- Project cost reclass and corrections
- Other entries as required
- Review project cash flows & manage cash.
- Prepare and submit any other locally required reporting on the project.
- Collaborate with Project administrator and Payroll administrator to ensure project financials are accurate and complete at month end.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and ad-hoc financial analysis for Project Management Team and Corporate Finance Team.
- Assist with interim and year-end audit and reporting and tax requirements by providing various financial information.
- Collaborate with Aecon Corporate Finance manager to develop and execute adequate internal control procedures.
- Accounting designation with 5 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of state and county sales, commodity, and payroll taxes.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Management required.
- Knowledge of construction accounting.
- Experience working on large projects.
- Experience with SAP will be a strong asset.
- Experience with Subcontracts, purchase agreements and bonds.
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities, please visit us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...