MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a CAD Designer with experience in the transportation sector for our client – an International Engineering Services firm. Known for their ‘One Team’ mentality and proven ability to leverage their 700+ employees’ strengths and diverse backgrounds to solve some of the world’s most critical earth science challenges, they’ve become one of the most sought-after firms for clients and candidates alike.
The CAD Designer will join an organization whose culture revolves around the pillars of innovation, transparency, excellence, and curiosity. They must have 3-7 years of experience, with a minimum of 1 year of Civil Designing/Corridor Design experience and, ideally, have industry experience in Geotechnical, Mining or Pipelines and be able to work in a fast-paced environment on their own and within a team.
This challenging yet rewarding position will require collaboration with Engineers and teammates. It will provide an opportunity to innovate designs and increase drawing quality to produce complex 3D models, generate accurate volumes, and quality production drawings. This is a hybrid position whereby the candidate can be based out of ANY of our client’s Canadian offices (Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, Fredericton, Halifax).
- Be a lead project designer involving, but not limited to, the design of dams, spillways, channels, roads, grading plans, excavations, stability benches
- Create and manage 3D models and data using Civil 3D and other available tools
- Preparation of design and construction drawings in the mining and pipeline field
- Produce drawings relating to earthworks design
- Liaise with engineers on designs/requests
- Communicate the status of tasks, design changes, and continuous improvement items to the rest of the team
- Certificate or post-secondary education from an accredited vocational/technical institute
- 3-7 years of direct experience with drafting and civil designing
- 1+ years experience in Civil Designing/Corridor Design
- Experience with earthworks design and preparation of 3D models using Civil 3D
- Knowledge of Civil 3D and earthworks design concepts (e.g. grading, slopes, surfaces creation, volume calculations, etc.)
- Ability to introduce new ideas and CAD routines to enhance operations
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Great listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND2
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...