MatchBox Consulting Group is thrilled to be working with one of Western Canada’s largest and most iconic developers in their search for a Civil Foreman. With over 60 years of industry experience, our client is one of the largest landholders in British Columbia, boasts an incredible reputation, and is looking to expand their civil team as they are currently experiencing a tremendous amount of growth.
The ideal Civil Foreman will possess over 5 years of experience in a similar supervisory role on a variety of civil projects, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a valid BC Driver’s License. They will also have a proven ability to guide safe work practices while upholding the project schedule, budget, and overall quality. If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career with a well-known, Vancouver-based developer dedicated to your success, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Conduct safety and toolbox meetings
- Supervise those on site to ensure work is planned and performed efficiently and make sure extra work orders (EWO) and timesheets are accurately coded
- Ensure all machinery is in proper working condition and coordinate equipment maintenance as needed
- Create and maintain progress reports on a daily basis and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor
- Develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule alongside the project team with the goal of meeting project milestones and completion dates
- Ensure construction meets approved design specifications, drawings, and applicable codes
- Ensure accuracy of work orders prior to handing them out and make sure that time efficiency is taken into account.
- Assist project management with bid review prior to awarding civil contracts
- Issue purchase orders and confirm receipt of materials and return of equipment
- 5+ years of civil construction experience as a Foreman/Assistant Superintendent on a variety of civil projects including utility, industrial plant, road building projects, dump/fill sites
- Possess working knowledge of construction health, safety, and environmental practice and procedures
- Knowledge of construction documents, scheduling, contracts, costs, and budgets
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven ability to identity potential issues and work as a team to devise workable solutions
- Proficiency in MS office and scheduling software
- Must possess a valid BC driver’s license
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Real Estate & Construction, Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities, please visit us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox Consulting Inc. on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment