MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Civil Project Engineer for our client – a civil land development engineering consultancy. Over the past 50 years, our client has established themselves as a leader when it comes to projects requiring engineering specialization in steep, rocky, and difficult terrain. Having worked with diverse clients in both the private and public sectors on diverse civil projects located across the Lower Mainland and BC Interior, they’ve consistently proven their expertise and ability to deliver the highest quality. Projects are mainly green field land development, but also include infill developments, commercial, and light industrial.
The successful Project Engineer will join a team of highly passionate, forward-thinking, multi-faceted individuals and have the opportunity to work on all stages of projects from feasibility studies, to full design, to construction management, to final sign off. Trust us – you don’t have to worry about getting pigeon-holed into one specific type of project or stage of the process! Given our client’s tight-knit, collaborative, and development-focused culture, candidates can expect lots of opportunity to grow, learn, and be challenged.
If you’re sick of being pigeon-holed in your current role, are feeling like work has become repetitive or mundane, or are looking to further expand your skills working on steep terrain projects with a supportive, family-oriented company, this is one role you don’t want to pass up!
• Design of civil systems: potable water, sanitary, drainage, and roadways.
• Prepare designs, calculations, specifications, cost estimates, reports, memos, design briefs, and budget analysis.
• Technical analysis for potable water systems including computer modelling.
• Technical analysis for stormwater including modelling, sizing infrastructure, and designing detention measures.
• Coordination of full right-of-way utilities including Shaw, Telus, BC Hydro, FortisBC, and streetlighting.
• P.Eng. sign and sealing of drawings, professional schedules, and other documents as required
• Lead a team on a project from start to finish.
• Oversee the work of technicians and EIT’s and manage several projects while meeting strict deadlines.
• Work with Clients to understand engineering requirements while meeting the municipal standards to reach job completion.
• Coordinate with other consultants.
• Determine scope and fee for proposed engineering services, while completing projects on time and on budget.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Registered P.Eng. with EGBC or eligible to register as such
• 7+ years of experience in Canada, ideally in the Lower Mainland
• Experience with Land Development projects.
• A wide variety of Civil Engineering disciplines including engineering of roads, water, sanitary and drainage systems, tender preparation, contract administration and field review.
• Knowledge of Municipal infrastructure and design requirements and standards.
• Experience working with AutoCAD.
• Able to travel for client meetings, construction inspection and progress reviews.
• Steep Terrain land development experience is a major asset
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com