On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Civil Superintendent. The client specializes in utility and roadwork projects ranging from $5 – $25 Million.
- Demonstrates leadership in the health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Direct operations daily on earthworks and roadworks projects- sometimes on more than one site at once.
- Creates and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Supervises and manages employees and sub-contractors to achieve targets.
- Ensures that projects are built in according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained
- Plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment is available as required
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Works with Project Manager to deliver targets/ projects successfully.
- Relevant post-secondary education viewed as a bonus but not mandatory.
- 5 years+ of civil construction experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Knowledge of earthworks equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in bulk earthworks and roadworks. Pipe experience will be considered a bonus.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures and how they will apply to Delta Aggregates Ltd scope of work.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Strong organization and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com