Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a Civil Technologist on behalf of our client- a civil land development engineering consultancy. Over the past 50 years, our client has established themselves as a leader when it comes to projects requiring engineering specialization in steep, rocky, and difficult terrain. Having worked with diverse clients in both the private and public sectors on diverse civil projects located across the Lower Mainland and BC Interior, they’ve consistently proven their expertise and ability to deliver the highest quality. Projects are mainly green field land development, but also include infill developments, commercial, and light industrial.
This individual's role involves the preparation of comprehensive engineering drawings and plans, encompassing storm, sanitation, and watermain designs, as well as roadworks and servicing concepts. They also play a crucial role in ensuring regulatory compliance through the creation of stormwater management plans, erosion control plans, and detailed design drawings for permit applications. Effective communication with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, coordination with subconsultants, and managing shallow utility coordination are essential components of their responsibilities in delivering successful projects.
- Preparation of storm, sanitary and watermain drawings including key plans, profiles, and details.
- Preparation of roadworks drawings including plan, profiles, typical sections, cross-sections.
- Preparation of preliminary servicing concept and rezoning plans.
- Preparation of stormwater management plans and calculations, and erosion and sediment control plans.
- Preparation of Detailed design drawings to support Subdivision and Building Permit Applications.
- Communication with clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies, via phone and e-mail.
- Coordination with Subconsultants.
- Coordination of shallow utilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Civil Engineering design and drafting
- Experience with land development projects
- Complete proficiency with Civil 3D software
- The ability to contribute in a team environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com