MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Condo Operations Coordinator in Toronto for a well known Canadian real estate firm.
With over 65 years of industry experience, our client boasts a diverse expertise in home building, construction, property, and investment management. They pride themselves on their transparency and relationships throughout the industry, with deeps roots across North America.
In addition to their deep roots, they are a highly sought-after employer company that is known for their commitment to providing resources to build future. This client is excellent for candidates looking for job stability and career growth.
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus + benefits effective 1st day + pension & RRSP matching plan + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition reimbursement plans and professional development courses
- Employee recognition platform – Be rewarded by your colleagues for your contributions!
- Flexible summer hours
- Many exciting career opportunities
The Condo Operations Manager will oversee various operational aspects of condominium properties, ensuring their efficient functioning and compliance with industry standards. The role involves collaboration with condo boards, Tarion, and Minto's properties team, while demonstrating expertise in high-rise construction.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the construction field.
- Proficiency in working with condo boards, Tarion, and our client's properties team.
- Familiarity with high-rise construction practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with the Tarion board and stakeholders.
- Ability to assertively drive tasks to completion and not be easily swayed.
- Warranty Managers.
- Building Operators with a history of Project Management or New Build Residential Construction.
- Quality Control Managers with experience in Real Estate Management Companies.
- Residential Property Managers with a solid grasp of new build construction.
- Coordinate Technical Audits and communicate findings to relevant Minto associates and vendors for necessary action.
- Maintain Tarion CE PATS (Pre-Authorization Testing System) updates on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with construction project managers to ensure timely readiness of new condominium common elements for occupancy.
- Work alongside repair teams to address and resolve deficiencies.
- Manage Maintenance Performance Data Input (MPDI) for elevators and common elements.
- Prepare and distribute bi-monthly condo reports to supervisors.
- Develop and refine processes for technical audits and Tarion registration/renewal.
- Serve as the Tarion administrator for the GTA, overseeing new registrations and renewals.
- Create Interim Management contracts for new condominiums and post-registration contracts.
- Act as the liaison between our client and third-party property management companies.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining an AVID rating of 81% or higher.
- Regularly forecast monthly expenses and manage budgets for new condos.
- Facilitate the establishment of new condo budgets and rules.
- Ensure a smooth turnover process, including the election of a condo board and comprehensive document transfer.
- Update monthly budgets in SAP, detailing expenses for all condos.
- Operate within the allocated technical audit budget for each condo.
- Cultivate positive relationships with vendors, Minto associates, and customers.
- Uphold high standards, set accountabilities, and evaluate performance in alignment with Minto's Values.
- Enforce adherence to health and safety standards, fostering a safe work environment.
- Fulfill other duties within the scope and purpose of the role as assigned by management.
- A College Diploma is required, preferably in Condominium Management or a comparable combination of building management and administrative/hospitality experience. RCM (Registered Condominium Manager) designation is advantageous.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in real estate management, service environments, or related industries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com