Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Construction Coordinator to work on a 1-year contract with very high potential of renewal, for one of BC's largest utility and energy companies.
This individual will be responsible for providing a range of project and construction management coordination along with administrative support and user support on procedures, systems and applications for the Project, Planning and Coordination (PPC) department of Construction Services. You will also support the maintenance of the Construction Services Delivery Practices (CSDP), process development, and document management as well as training and reporting.
- Provides support to management on the Construction Services Delivery Practices (CSDP) by: soliciting input from users and stakeholders on processes; creating and drafting process maps; reviewing and maintaining currency of processes; providing input on new or revised CSDP processes; and creating/drafting and maintaining reference materials, templates and instructional guides.
- Provides project/program process and documentation support duties such as: maintaining and retrieving project/program records and documentation; setting up and maintaining CSDP SharePoint site and user access; coordinating the distribution of drawings to internal/external resources; and compiling project planning and quality assurance binders for distribution to internal/external resources.
- Provides assistance to management on CSDP training to internal/external resources. Develops training exercises and assists learners with exercises. Provides one-on-one training on CSDP best practices, templates and documentation as required.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to CSDP processes, procedures and guidelines to management. Distributes communication on new or revised CSDP processes, procedures and guidelines to Construction Services (CS) staff.
- Compiles and prepares reports and identifies trends for management review such as time off, overtime, CS business client survey and key performance indicator reports. Reviews data and follows-up with CS staff on missing or inaccurate data as required. Publishes reports on SharePoint sites.
- Responds to general inquiries about project/program timelines, CS resources, contact information and how to enter/access project/program information from various software applications.
- Performs administrative support duties for Project, Planning and Coordination (PPC department such as: scheduling meeting logistics; coordinating training and logistics for PPC staff; and providing ad-hoc training to CS staff on administrative and procurement processes and related systems/applications (such as time entry).
- Represents the business requirements for the PPC department in working groups for initiatives and/or programs.
- Certificate in Project Management, Business, Accounting, Construction Management, Quality and Process Management or related field
- Minimum three (3) years of related work experience in project coordination and process development.
- Requires in-house training in SAP (such as supply chain management system), and project/program specific applications; or must be completed within six (6) months of starting in the job.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and Excel at an intermediate level.
- Must hold a valid class five (5) driver's license.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com