MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking multiple Construction Superintendents and Field Engineers with civil and/or electrical construction backgrounds to work on 6 – 12-month contracts – all with a high potential for renewal – for one of BC’s largest and most sought-after employers within the utility and energy sector.
Projects are located all across BC with some being rotational/FIFO and others requiring candidates to be based in the region or willing to relocate for the duration of the contract. So, whether you’re located in Vancouver, Kelowna, Prince George, or even outside BC, if you’re looking to get your foot in the door with one of the province’s most prominent organizations and work on complex, impactful projects, this might be just what you’ve been looking for.
• Inspect construction work (substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment) to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
• Ensure site safety, oversee the safe execution of work, and perform Safe Work Observations
• Conduct/coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities using your knowledge of engineering drawings.
• Collaborate with contractors to ensure the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations.
• Provide advice on complex technical issues.
• Respond professionally to internal and third-party construction inquiries.
1) Must have valid class 5 drivers license
2) Must have 7+ year of construction experience
3) Site safety coordination experience is preferred
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5) Experience working on hydroelectric, power plant, dam, utility, or other heavy civil earthworks projects is a significant advantage
6) Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment