On behalf of our client, Matchbox Consulting Group is looking for a Contract Administrator in Calgary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate effectively with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required.
- Assist the Project Team with preparing project budgets related to Construction Services.
- Accumulate, evaluate and present feedback information related to errors and omissions in construction documents and troubleshoots minor construction issues.
- Present information related to significant construction issues to Project Manager / Engineer-of-Record.
- Maintain regular communication with Project Managers and Clients regarding project status, site issues and quality, and resolve issues as required.
- Participate in project status meetings.
- Conduct on-site observations, prepare reports, conduct meetings, and make document interpretations to resolve construction administration issues promptly.
- Coordinate with Project Team to ensure project completion in compliance with contract documents and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Cooperate with and assist Project Managers with Client relations related to construction and contract administration.
- Provide timely responses to all parties as needed to ensure the completion of the works.
- Evaluate Contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Conduct or participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Review shop drawings, manuals, guarantees, bonds and other project and post-construction submittals for approval and dispositions.
- Assemble and verify construction contract change order information for the project manager and owner approval.
- Review and process contractor payment requests for preparation of Certificate of Payment.
- Prepare letters of reduction of municipal securities.
- Maintain favourable working relations with Municipal, Client and Contractor representatives.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three years of experience within the civil engineering field barring special exemption granted by combined approval from the Business Group Manager, Manager, People & Culture, and Operations Administrator.
- Registered as either an AScT, C.E.T., C.Tech., P.Tech., P.L.Eng., or a P.Eng. within the Province of work (or approved equivalent).
- Valid Driver’s License. This position requires the use of a personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional and positive attitude.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on several projects and with multiple internal Project Team members.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadline commitments.
- Knowledgeable in tender preparation and construction administration.
- Knowledgeable in applicable local municipal construction standards and specifications.
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, PDF markup tools, and standard Windows applications.
- Familiarity with sewer, water main, and road construction materials, methods and construction processes.
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications is a significant asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...