MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Construction Contracts Specialist, on behalf of our client- one of BC's largest utility and energy companies!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for post award contract management services on construction, installation, and design build contracts. They will be a source of contractual expertise and guidance to the project team. Primary responsibilities will lie in the administration of contract changes, progress payments, and contract close out.
- Drafting Change Orders, internal change justification documents, formal contract letters
- Detailing Contracts / SoQPs for monthly Progress Payment Estimates
- Progressing monthly invoices
- Ensuring contract details are up to date in SAP (with SAP admin support)
- Provide guidance on contractual rights and obligations, input on contractual disputes
- Work closely with procurement and provide input to draft RFx documents
- Occasional travel to remote sites across the province may be required.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in post award contract management with a focus on Construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent
- Communication & Relationship management is key – the ability to work with and influence others (both internal and external stakeholders)
- Organized and detail oriented to ensure contract is kept up to date and aligns with information in SAP
- Ability to follow and understand complex internal processes and procedures
Nice to have
- Onsite construction experience working directly with Construction Managers on large infrastructure projects is an asset.
- Engineering degrees are considered an asset
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com