MatchBox Consulting Group is urgently searching for a Data Strategy Consultant for a 6-month contract position (strong possibility of extension) with our Vancouver BC based public sector health client.
Scope of Duties
- Develop frameworks for the Data Strategy including principles, pillars, and key elements
- Work with Data and Digital Health Strategy Committee and Working Group to develop and manage a Work Plan
- Conduct an environmental scan of current state practices, opportunities, and challenges
- Conduct a gap analysis and a capability maturity assessment to support the development of operating models, processes, procedures, and engagement
- Engage with leadership, communities and health ecosystem partners to understand requirements, opportunities, and expectations
- Evaluate tools and resource requirements to support the implementation of a 5 Year Roadmap
- Provide ongoing interim governance to data initiatives
- Provide ongoing reporting and escalation as needed
- Based on the outcomes of the foregoing, provide recommendations related to organizational design related to data functions
- Prepare presentations to support updates to Executive Strategy Team (EST) for advice and feedback
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business/Health Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of recent direct experience in managing IT business applications and infrastructure projects
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Experience delivering projects involving Data Strategy, Data Governance, Data Management, and Data Operations
- Experience in health sector with clinical informatics on Canadian Healthcare projects considered an asset
- Proven supervisory and management experience
- Proven experience in risk management and change management
- Proven experience in creating project documents, such as project charter and project management plan, including preparation of briefing documents for the senior executives
- Previous experience in managing business driven or business transformation projects
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com