Matchbox Consulting is seeking an experienced Development Manager for a role in Richmond, BC. Our client develops exceptional mixed-use residential and multi-family communities.
The ideal candidate for this role has a vast understanding of the full development process including municipal approvals, project design development and consultant management, proformas and cashflows.
Duties & Requirements:
- Oversee all aspects of development functions including regulatory approvals and delivery of applicable permits and registrations.
- Ensure completion of development projects within prescribed timelines and budgets.
- Manage regulatory approvals and relevant permits or applications, including completion of supporting documents and due diligence, required for land development approval process
- Lead, manage, develop, and provide guidance to team members to enhance operational efficiency and productivity.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with stakeholders, such as media, municipal staff, contractors, suppliers to track market trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Develop and enforce appropriate controls and reporting tools to monitor performance, address material variances and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Manage detailed drawing reviews and coordination to ensure the project vision is maintained with recognition of applicable policies and building codes.
- Select and manage project consultants to ensure they provide comprehensive drawings, work collaboratively with other consultants, and are meeting the project prescribed timelines.
- Act as a spokesperson for projects.
- In coordination with the development team, develop and maintain a detailed project budget, schedule, and manage execution of work; create and manage work orders, invoices, legal and insurance documents.
- Review disclosure statements and addendums, purchase and sale agreements, and other legal documentation critical to the sales program.
- Manage the design and completion of sales centre design and construction for all projects.
- Collaborate with marketing to add creative thinking, feedback and recommendations to advertising campaigns, media strategies, revenue models, product positioning, creative branding, etc.
- Assist with pre-construction process, i.e., early tendering to secure construction loans.
- Collaborate with Project Managers for selection of project consultants and ongoing construction support to ensure constructability and other construction costs are factored into the building design as the project evolves.
- During construction, maintain strong coordination of the consultant team and Municipal contacts as it relates to development matters.
- Prior to occupancy, work with the marketing and customer care teams to contribute to an exceptional customer experience.
- Participate in post-construction analysis of each development project to improve project flow and project programs moving forward.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience, particularly in high-rise, multi-family projects
- Exceptional organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask and organize a heavy workload, prioritize, and meet deadlines, and maintain efficiency
- Competent computer skills to review and produce project documents and communicate effectively in an online real time environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Procore, etc.
- A thorough understanding of the specific needs, codes and regulations pertaining to building within the Lower Mainland.
- Ability to read drawings and successfully translate technical information
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...