MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Development Manger for our client, an iconic wood-frame developer-builder located in the Fraser Valley. With a 50+ year history of delivering exceptional projects, our client possesses an incredibly deep pipeline of large wood-frame projects and are known throughout the industry for their commitment to quality, excellent work-life balance and family-oriented culture, and collaborative approach.
The Development Manager will be a leader and creative problem solver who is responsible for managing all aspects of development projects and providing expertise in controlling operational costs and meeting target goals.
- Overseeing all development-related responsibilities for assigned projects.
- Performing site feasibility analysis and conducting due diligence on properties before the removal of a purchase agreement.
- Preparing and updating project proformas to ensure accurate budget reporting.
- Managing consultant budgets, municipal fee budgets, and civil servicing scopes.
- Selecting, engaging, and managing consultants throughout the design development and approval process.
- Obtaining necessary approvals and entitlements, including development and building permits, from municipal authorities.
- Effectively managing schedules to secure timely municipal approvals.
- Collaborating and maintaining open communication with the Construction and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Cultivating a comprehensive understanding of building and planning initiatives, and nurturing positive relationships with municipal staff.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, City Planning, Environmental Design, or a relevant field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in urban planning, development, and/or project management within the Real Estate Development sector.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to a dependable vehicle.
- Display proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com