Matchbox is pleased to announce our collaboration with our esteemed long-term clients, Hold It All Inc. and Low Tide Properties, as we embark on a search to find an exceptional Director of Human Resources. This pivotal role entails overseeing the HR function for both companies, situated in the prestigious Gastown area of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly skilled professional who can bring their expertise to lead and enhance the human resources operations, contributing to the continued success of these distinguished organizations.
Hold It All Inc. (HIA) is the holding company for the personal business interests of Chip and Summer Wilson and the parent company of Low Tide Properties. HIA has five areas of focus: apparel, real estate, private equity, passive investments, and philanthropy. Low Tide Properties (LTP) is a private real estate investment, development, and management company founded in 2011. LTP owns and holds a portfolio of office, industrial, multifamily rental and retail properties in Vancouver and Seattle for the long term.
The offices of HIA and LTP are in the same building but on different floors. LTP is a growing real-estate entity in the HIA portfolio and will account for 75% of the workload. LTP's current headcount is 55, and HIA's is 15. While sharing the same ownership and thus the same philosophy and culture, the nature of the two entities is different and unique, with HIA being a holding company and family office, and LTP an active real estate investment and management company. Our shared overarching philosophies are investing heavily into our people's development and growth, being accountable and non-hierarchical, being considerate and people-centric, and teamwork and collaboration. The HR Director will work closely with owners, the President of HIA, the CEO, and the President of LTP. LTP is a Best Place to Work certified as of 2023.
The HR Director role requires a hands-on senior HR practitioner who will continue developing, enhancing, and owning our HR function. The successful candidate will be involved in human capital strategy development and implementation, recruitment, performance management, compensation review, employee relations and management coaching. In addition, they will be vital in enhancing our employment brand and advocating/overseeing our personal development culture.
The HR Director reports to the Low Tide President and the HIA President and will be supported by the HR Consultant. In addition, the role will manage an HR Generalist (not in place) and a part-time HR Coordinator (in place).
- Proactively lead the HR strategy and execution of all HR initiatives and support organizational growth, including organizational design, resource planning, performance management, career planning, recruiting, employee experience and engagement, compensation, coaching & talent development, internal communications.
- Oversee the resource planning and resource review processes.
- Oversee and conduct full cycle recruitment, including posting, reviewing resumes, phone screening, interviewing, reference checking and providing guidance during hiring process and final offer.
- Enhance current HR practices and programs.
- Oversee training and development process and approach.
- Support employees and managers with their career development and performance management efforts; monitor the career planning program for employees. Provide training for current and new employees.
- Partner with managers on employee inquiries and issues while providing advice on personnel policies, employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation and labour standards.
- Participate in and drive employee engagement initiatives, e.g. employee surveys and questionnaires that promote an excellent working environment
- Manage all daily HR operational tasks such as employee file management, status changes, job descriptions, draft offers, and maintain our HRIS System (Bamboo HR).
- Research, review and collect all relevant compensation data to support our annual compensation review guide decisions around overall compensation which includes, structure, adjustments, promotion, immigration, etc.
- Provide support and guidance in establishing LTP Seattle office from an HR perspective. Be familiar with local regulatory guidelines.
- Culture/Morale/Team building – support our various committees with their initiatives that enable and grow our culture and employee brand.
- Oversee employee benefits.
- Oversee the Company’s Occupational Health Safety policies and practices and support the Occupational Health and Safety Committee by being a member.
- Oversee the Office Services department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/HR Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience; real estate experience is an asset.
- Proven ability to coach managers through people issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal clients and peers.
- Sound knowledge and experience in compensation administration which includes annual reviews, salary surveys and overall compensation structures.
- Mature attitude, strong people skills with the ability to handle difficult conversations, and skillfully partner with various internal stakeholders.
- Proven experience in recruiting at all levels.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including ability to present, prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills including ability to operate software applications such as MS Office.
- Excellent representative of the values and culture of the company.
- Professional demeanor and good problem-solving skills combined with a strong business awareness and customer orientation.
- Previous experience with HR systems (i.e. ATS, HRIS, leave management, etc.).
- Sense of humor.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...