Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work on a 1-year contract with very high potential of renewal, for one of BC’s largest utility and energy companies.
This individual will perform supervised engineering tasks for assignments of varied scope and complexity using standard procedures and techniques to support projects and/or operations safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
The schedule for this role is expected to be 14/7 working on rotation at Site C in Fort St.John. Camp accommodations and meals will be supplied.
- Contribute to the development of safe engineering solutions by performing activities such as studies of limited scope and applying prescribed methods and techniques in solving problems for projects and/or operations.
- Assist with specific aspects of more complex engineering activities adhering to prescribed analysis, design, or computation methods by following established practices working under close supervision of a senior professional engineer who reviews work for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Participate in engineering practice using initiative and judgement in making a few routine technical decisions, applying standards and following detailed instructions so that engineering standards are maintained.
- Perform periodic tasks independently which may include on-site construction quality control and monitoring to ensure design compliance.
- A minimum two (4) years of in a relevant engineering field or equivalent.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with Engineers & Geoscientists BC or with another jurisdiction and eligible for registration as such with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
- Experience in Protection & Control or Instrumentation Design and/or Testing experience.
Nice to Have:
- PLC design and testing experience
- Electrical equipment design and testing experience
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com