Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking an Electrical SCADA Engineer to work on a 1-year contract with very high potential of renewal, for one of BC's largest utility and energy companies.
The P&C Engineering SCADA Design Team provides engineering expertise and support to high voltage transmission substations, generating stations and distribution facilities. You will also provide project management, design, maintenance and emergency response services to the company and selected external clients. The successful candidate will be part of the SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) design team delivering complex, multi-discipline capital projects.
- Duties will primarily be focused on delivering capital work involving integration of remote monitoring and control equipment of the power system. Providing design, development and testing of equipment used in substations, generating stations and the distribution system
- Undertakes a variety of engineering assignments and is responsible for a project or part of a project. providing instructions, advice, and technical leadership, including reviewing work and ensuring compliance with standards and procedures; interacting with external service providers and reviewing designs for compliance with standards & practices
- Uses initiative and judgment to develop innovative engineering techniques and applies theoretical and practical knowledge in the analysis and resolution of problems. Discusses unusual problems with senior engineers or the supervisor.
- Maintain strong constructive relationships with internal and external clients and across the organization also including external service providers, contractors and suppliers as required.
- Works under general supervision, with work assigned in terms of specific objectives.
- Reviews overall plans and provides guidance for unusual features.
- Completed work is normally accepted as technically accurate and is reviewed for feasibility and soundness of judgment.
- Checks work and provides guidance to assigned staff.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an institute accredited by the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC).
- A minimum of 4-5 years of related work experience in automation or control systems and shall be eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.
- Experience and desire to work with utility-based Ethernet control networks, configuration and testing of remote control equipment, PLC programming, troubleshooting methodologies, and LAN/WAN technologies focused on utility solutions is required.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DNP3, networking protocols, Cyber Security and delivering M2M networking applications is desired.
- Experience with programming of GE Remote Terminal Units.
- Knowledge of NERC standards is desired”
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com