Are you a passionate Environmental, Water Resources, Geoscience, or Hydrotechnical engineer with a keen interest in fish habitat?
MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Environmental Engineer for our client – a science-based environmental consultancy headquartered in Vancouver. With over 20 years of industry experience and offices spanning Western Canada, our client is the go-to contact for government and industry players alike in their pursuit of delivering green, sustainable developments.
This Environmental Engineer will work alongside a highly experienced group of professionals to create and deliver innovative, solution-oriented, and science-based environmental designs and practices.
The location of this job is flexible, based out of one of our client’s office locations in Western Canada, with a mix of in-field and office work.
If you’ve been waiting for a role that offers the potential to work on highly impactful environmental projects and to be part of a reputable, sought-after company for both candidates and clients alike, this is one role you definitely don’t want to miss!
• Supporting complex water resource monitoring and management projects
• Being involved in designing, implementing, and undertaking high-quality field data collection and processing
• Calibrating and maintaining instrumentation, including remote monitoring hydrometric stations
• Conducting hydrological analyses, including the development of rating curves
• Mentoring junior staff in your technical discipline
• A blend of field-based and office-based activities, responding to the seasonal needs of hydrometric data collection and client driven reporting requirements
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in geosciences, engineering, earth sciences, or geography
• Minimum 5 years of experience, ideally in Canada
• Registered or eligible to register as a professional engineer, geoscientist, or agrologist in BC an asset
• Applied surface water hydrology monitoring experience
• Effective analytical and technical writing skills with the ability to produce high quality reports and proposals
• Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
• Effective and demonstrated communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience dealing with Fish habitat, restoration and field studies.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com