MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking Environmental Monitors for a renowned civil infrastructure development company. Having been involved in iconic landmark projects and with over a century of industry experience, they are an incredibly sought-after employer that prides themselves on their commitment to safety, quality, professionalism, and people-focused culture.
The successful candidates will be working collaboratively with subcontractor qualified professionals performing in water works monitoring which includes coordinating side scan sonar, underwater noise, and marine mammal observations on a key infrastructure project to improve travel between two communities. You as the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the procedures outlined in the Project Fish and Fish Habitat Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (FFHMMP) and the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) to confirm works are being conducted in compliance with environmental permits and approvals. This position will be located in New Westminster, BC.
- Monitor and inspect work areas for compliance with regulations and management plans
- Evaluate effectiveness of environmental measures and notify of issues
- Ensure staff are aware of mitigation measures and follow environmental work plans
- Collect and document environmental data using instruments
- Report non-compliance and negligence
- Check and maintain equipment for good condition
- Keep detailed records and prepare weekly monitoring report
- Collaborate with construction personnel to address environmental issues
- Attend project meetings and liaise with Environmental Manager and regulators
- Prepare daily reports and inspection forms.
- B.Sc. in Environmental Science or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience on similar projects
- Qualified environmental professional designation required
- Experience in environmental monitoring for marine and upland construction
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in data organization and technical reporting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Comfortable working outdoors in various weather and terrain conditions
- Proficiency with computer programs for managing and communicating environmental data
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...