Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Construction Estimator to work with our Client who is a well known Developer Builder carrying out Residential and Industrial projects all over Vancouver and surrounding areas. The preferred candidate will be responsible for the below and also possess the following skills and experience.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned;
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate;
- Review schedule of projects being estimated;
- Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid;
- Perform or assist risk and contract management responsibilities as required;
- Perform daily forecast of crew cost and production rate and report to Superintendent as required;
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures;
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work;
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Monitor client addendum and advise the estimating team on changes during the estimate period;
- Prepare or assist bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors;
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials;
- Work with Company employees, owners and subcontractors to get commitment/consensus regarding proposed bids;
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project;
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors;
- Review final estimate;
- Partner with other estimators to turn project over to production team;
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits;
- Advise on major changes in scope of work;
- Monitor actual cost to estimated cost;
- Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project;
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors; and
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- MUST HAVE: Demonstrated strong tenure and loyalty in work experience.
- BCIT certificate or equivalent training or experience.
- 2-5 years estimating experience with wood-frame multi-family, concrete mixed use & commercial projects.
- Experience with a developer or general contractor working on residential and/or commercial type projects.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are looking to advance their careers in the construction industry.
Ability to foster and maintain strong, professional relationships with local trades, suppliers and consultants.
Experience working in a collaborative, high performance, team oriented environment.
Superior organizational and critical thinking skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...