MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Field Operations Manager for our client, a leading petroleum company with locations across Canada.
The Field Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing multiple construction projects, ranging from renovations, to upgrades, rebuilds, and new developments. This individual will be a strong leader and team player, who has commercial construction experience and is highly skilled at managing trades and general contractors.
The Field Operations Manger will work closely with the project management teams on all phases on construction including design, tendering, working with subtrades and managing construction of the project.
- Provide insight into constructability and budgets during land acquisition phase.
- Manage fuel facility contractors.
- Define the approach, scope, and outcomes for multiple projects.
- Collaborate with project managers during pre-construction and value engineering stages.
- Evaluate consultant drawings and documents, including formal development and building permit applications.
- Provide input on project tender packages, tailoring scopes of work to each project’s requirements.
- Analyze bids in conjunction with the project management team.
- Ensure smooth transition to retail and IT teams upon project completion.
- Identify and contract general and sub-contractors.
- Perform site visits, coordinating trades, overseeing site activities, and maintaining quality control.
- Regularly review completed buildings to incorporate ongoing quality control into future projects.
- Uphold safety standards throughout the construction process.
- Conduct site and hazard assessments, maintain detailed daily reports, and accurately track progress to meet construction schedules.
- Ensure adherence to approved design drawings, specifications, and relevant codes.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction, particularly as a superintendent, ideally with a focus on petroleum, tenant improvements (TIs), and commercial projects.
- Industry-related trade certification or technical degree.
- Ability to lead on-site activities, manage subcontractors, suppliers, and general contractors.
- Strong understanding of site layout, collaborating with surveyors to ensure precise building layout and elevations.
- Proficiency in reading drawings, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Familiarity with on-site computing, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and scheduling software.
- Competence in planning, scheduling, cost control and thorough knowledge of current safety requirements, construction technology and techniques, and subcontractors scope of work and responsibilities
- Previous involvement in design-built projects and comprehension of owner and general contractor perspectives.
- Capable of both independent work and effective collaboration across various company departments, including IT, Retail, Project Management, and Operations.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, estimation, and problem-solving skills to achieve collaborative results.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com