MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our client, an engineering and construction firm who are globally recognized for their innovative and visually stunning mass timber projects in Canada, the US, and Asia.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for driving the best HR practices and working with the company to create an exceptional organizational culture. This position offers an excellent compensation package, strong benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent and help build organizational culture in a family-led company
- Help to hire and keep employees who are top notch and culturally aligned
- Work with managers to implement and coordinate HR best practices, striving always for a great candidate and employee experience
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the organization's mission, values, and guiding principles. Identify and provide solutions to issues and best practices.
- Participate in the annual performance evaluation and review process. Support management with organizing appropriate training and development programs for staff to improve skills and knowledge.
- Lead and motivate HR staff to provide HR support. Delegate assignments and provide supervision
- Provide full cycle recruitment including developing procedures and standards for tracking new candidates and the preparation of HR forms and letters related to the effective processing of new employees
- Onboarding of new employees, ensuring a seamless transition for their first 30 days
- Provide appropriate guidance and expertise on employment and policy related matters
- Lead through employee relations matters such as conducting workplace investigations, facilitating interviews/meetings, drafting letters involving discipline, performance improvement plans and other corrective actions that require follow-up
- Maintain the group benefits and RRSP programs. Manage enrolments, analyze plans, and make recommendations for changes.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or related field or an equivalent level of education and experience is required. CHRP designation preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in all human resources functions.
- 2+ years of supervision experience managing Human Resources professionals.
- Proficient with MS Office and previous hands-on experience in the implementation and/or administration of an HRIS program is required.
- Previous experience in making recommendations and working to implement programs and policies based on best practices.
- A proven track record of and willingness to understand the business and operations and how human resources can support it.
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering, collaborating, and building trust with the employee and leadership teams.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong change management skills with a demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for change within a quickly changing business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening and negotiation skill.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility to deal with constantly changing workload.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a wide variety of work using independent judgement and minimal supervision.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com