On behalf of our client, MatchBox is searching for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist to join a tight-knit firm that has a strong emphasis on collaboration and continuous learning. This role primarily focuses on drafting but entails diverse responsibilities within the residential and commercial sectors. You will collaborate closely with senior staff and consultants to advance project drawings, track progress, and mentor junior colleagues.
Your commitment to quality, adaptability, and a problem-solving mindset are crucial. The local firm values humility, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn. Join their team in crafting well-thought-out designs and solutions for each project by applying today!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to team efforts in developing sound project solutions and designs.
- Actively participate in client meetings with senior staff
- Compile and circulate meeting notes following office standards and maintain organized project documentation.
- Facilitate training for new staff in office practices and design approaches.
- Research and compile product cut sheets for client and reference use as necessary.
- Lead and participate in site surveys, as-built drawings creation, and site photo documentation.
- Generate working drawings and 3D renderings as required for projects.
- Coordinate with senior staff and consultants to advance and detail project drawings as needed.
- Update and revise drawings based on in-house reviews by peers and senior staff.
- Track task and project time management, ensuring adherence to uniform office standards.
- Provide active mentorship and support to junior staff members.
- Maintain a detailed Project Diary throughout the day and assist in managing office supplies.
- Coordinate and manage project meetings as required.
- Proven practical and technical experience using Revit
- Approximately 3 to 7 years of related work experience
- A diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Architectural Technology or degree in Architecture
- Proficient understanding of wood frame construction.
- A strong understanding of building science concepts encompassing moisture control, vapor control, thermal insulation, familiarity with local building codes, knowledge of the current NECB and Section 9-36, and an understanding of local land use by-laws and construction regulations.
- Understanding of Commercial & Residential projects and designs
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to manage, mentor and lead intermediate and junior staff.
- Sketching and visual communication skills and an understanding of graphic presentation.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com