MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for our client – an innovative, reputable geotechnical engineering consultancy based in Vancouver. Over the past 15+ years, our client has completed over thousands of projects across BC, Alberta, and the Yukon ranging from the foundation design of a small laneway house to the excavation, shoring and foundation of large institutional, commercial, and infrastructure projects.
This is an opportunity to work with a smaller firm where you can truly hone your skills, learn and receive mentorship from experienced industry professionals, and have an open runway to grow your career in the direction of your choice. Ideal candidates will be based in the Vancouver area as, come 2023, our client is looking to open an office but will maintain an extremely flexible work model.
Candidates must also have 3+ years of experience, excellent communication skills, their P.Eng., and a valid Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle as fieldwork is involved.
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to receive better mentorship, work with an organization who offers above average industry pay and fantastic benefits, and be surrounded by a tight knit group of smart, family-oriented individuals then this is the role for you!
- Conduct site visits
- Write geotechnical reports and analyze data
- Coordinate and perform field investigations
- Earthwork and foundation construction supervision and reporting
- Work closely with professional engineers (P.Eng.) and senior staff, while often interacting with clients and construction professionals.
- 3+ years of geotechnical engineering experience, ideally in BC
- Registered P.Eng. with EGBC
- Possess a valid Class 5 Drivers’ License and reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a Master’s degree is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with CAD, LPile, and Slope Stability software is considered an asset
- Possess a strong desire to learn and work with a team
- Experience in the basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com