Our client is looking for a Vancouver-based intermediate Municipal Engineer who can successfully deliver municipal infrastructure projects by bringing together our diverse technical experts and designers to create innovative solutions to client needs. The successful proponent will bring a strong technical background in municipal engineering projects where we provide a wide array of services for municipalities, First Nations communities, and private industry clients. We are looking for project engineers that can make a difference by providing best-in-class service to our clients and projects by offering timely, knowledgeable, and practical solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide technical direction on diverse municipal infrastructure projects related in scope from proposal stage through to commissioning of the work
- Prepare technical reports, documents required for approvals, assist with development and construction cost estimates, tender documents, and contracts
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams that may include geotechnical, environmental, electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and other specialists
- Maintain the team’s engagement and quality of work from concept through to construction completion
- Lead, mentor, train, and support professional and junior staff in their technical development
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience in designing infrastructure projects with an emphasis on working with local municipalities and First Nations communities
- Registration in good standing as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in B.C. or the ability to be registered
- Excellent at establishing shared clarity in communications (written and drawings)
- Experience with MMCD and local municipalities design and construction guidelines and standards
- Proven ability to consistently provide high quality deliverables on time and on budget
- An aptitude for quality thoughtful design, continuous learning, knowledge sharing and relationship building
What Can We Offer You?
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your lifestyle
- Great benefits, including extended health & dental coverage, healthcare spending account, & RRSP matching
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous Performance Bonus Plan
- Opportunity to become a shareholder in an employee-owned firm
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- Participation in our numerous programs that support our Four Cornerstones: people & communities, clients & partners, processes & technology, and financial
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth including access to courses on our Learning Hub, paid professional development, mentorship program, and encouragement to join internal committees such as, Young Professional, Gender diversity in Engineering, Equity Diversity and Inclusion, and technical service groups.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...