MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for an Intermediate Process Engineer in Calgary, AB. Our client is a third party EPCM company specializing in upstream Oil and Gas projects. They strive to provide highly efficient engineering support, while adhering to good engineering practices and ethics, with focus towards reducing the environmental impact of their projects wherever possible. They are structured to provide a close working relationship with their clientele; direct access to managing partners, prompt responses to questions and requests and the ability to dynamically adjust to changes in scope and direction of projects.
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager, the Manager of Projects, and to the Project Manager on the project to which they are assigned. They will work closely with other disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, instrumentation/Controls, Civil/Structural), procurement, project controls, and project management to manage design responsibilities and to resolve design-related issues associated with the project.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, completing and or checking the following:
- Equipment sizing
- Preparing design calculations and design briefs for equipment
- Hydraulic calculations
- Heat and material balance preparation
- Prepare equipment and instrumentation specifications and datasheets
- Carry out technical evaluations and vendor documentation review
- Prepare process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Participate in process safety engineering (relief load estimation, relief system design, and relief valve sizing and selection)
- Participate in HAZOPs and close out action items
- Write detailed engineering reports, studies and briefs
- Participate in field engineering assignments
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure a timely and accurate flow of design information, while ensuring departmental and client standards are maintained
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower costs, improve work quality and facilitate plant maintenance
- Engineering Degree (In order of preference: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical then Civil)
- 3+ years experience with upstream oil & gas calculations, as well as midstream projects
- Registered with APEGA as EIT or P.Eng.
- NEEDS to be a strong communicator.
- P&ID, Plot Plan, Chemical Processing and Oil & Gas Processing experience all needed.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com