MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for an Intermediate Project Engineer in Calgary, AB. Our client is a third party EPCM company specializing in upstream Oil and Gas projects. They strive to provide highly efficient engineering support, while adhering to good engineering practices and ethics, with focus towards reducing the environmental impact of their projects wherever possible. They are structured to provide a close working relationship with their clientele; direct access to managing partners, prompt responses to questions and requests and the ability to dynamically adjust to changes in scope and direction of projects.
The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager, Manager of Projects, and assigned Project Manager for diverse projects. Responsibilities include close collaboration with disciplines, as well as procurement, project controls, quality, and project management. The role involves managing design tasks, coordinating with vendors and contractors, and addressing design-related issues within the projects.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Small Project lead for design basis, coordination, budgets and schedules
- Project Support for mid to large size capital projects
- Initiate Line List, Equipment List, Instrumentation List, Tie-in List, and Vendor Lists
- Carry out technical evaluations and vendor documentation review
- Manage the development of process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Participate in HAZOPs and close out action items
- Write detailed engineering reports, studies and briefs
- Participate in field engineering assignments
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure a timely and accurate flow of design information, while ensuring departmental and client standards are maintained
- Detailed calculations, specification of equipment, review and check detailed engineering drawings
- Prepare and review equipment and service contract bids and proposals
- Perform review and evaluation of equipment vendor design data, calculations and drawings and communicate with supplier and client personnel
- Manage regulatory submissions for facility projects to the AER, AENV, ABSA, OGC and other bodies as required
- Engineering Degree (In order of preference: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical then Civil)
- 3+ years experience with upstream oil & gas calculations, as well as midstream projects
- Registered with APEGA as EIT or P.Eng.
- NEEDS to be a strong communicator
- P&ID, Plot Plan, Chemical Processing and Oil & Gas Processing experience all needed
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com