MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Junior Project Development Manager to work on a 1-year contract, with a high potential for renewal, for one of British Columbia’s most well-known utility, energy, and natural gas companies. Specializing in large pipeline and capital maintenance projects, they’ve carved out a reputation for their high standard of work, ability to deliver complex designs, and commitment to building strong relationships and giving back to the community.
The Junior Project Development Manager will provide technical and administrative support to develop Gas Sustainment and Growth Capital projects in accordance with AACE guidelines as well as the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies. The primary focus for this position is to work effectively with internal stakeholders and external resources to manage the projects identified in the 2024 Project Development portfolio. This will consist of assisting the project team in delivering Class 3, Class 4 and Class 5 Scope and Estimate Packages on time and on budget.
Ideal candidates for this position can come from an engineering or construction background with previous project coordination/administration, development, or other related experience.
Candidates must be based in the Lower Mainland and able to attend our client’s Surrey office full time for training (approx. 2 weeks) and then when required thereafter (approx. once a month).
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a renowned organization in BC where the opportunities for growth are endless this might be just what you’ve been looking for.
• Tracking progress on the development of approximately 80 projects;
• Leading update meetings to review project development progress with different stakeholder groups (e.g., Asset Management, Engineering, etc.);
• Providing updates to Project Scheduling team (Primavera P6);
• Performing cost tracking and evaluating budget performance;
• Identifying and flagging emerging schedule and/or budget issues;
• Attending and assisting Project Development Coordinators with project development meetings;
• Preparing reports and presentations, as required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in project development, coordination or management of the design and/or construction of natural gas energy assets and related infrastructure, or experience in related fields including facility and plant piping;
• Alternatively, at least 2 years of experience in a project coordination, project administration, or development coordination role within the construction sector
• EGBC registered Engineer-in-training (EIT) is an asset, but not required;
• Detail oriented, self-starting, clear communicator (both written and verbal)
• Understanding of Project Management essentials; and
• A valid BC driver’s license.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com