Matchbox consulting is seeking a Junior Structural Engineer to work on behalf of a young, energetic, and quickly growing structural engineering firm who are well recognized across the Canadian and US market.
The Junior Structural Engineer will work closely with the Senior Project Engineer and will be a vital asset in the structural design of various projects according to company standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Prepare detailed structural designs for building components and carry out design engineering calculations for review by the Project Engineer
- Produce preliminary structural sketches and prepare calculations and sketches for structural elements
- Review and provide feedback on high-level concepts, calculations and structural specification
- Proficient with Canadian Building & Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong capacity to assess information and communicate decisions that support sound judgement and experienced analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment, building strong, empowered relationships that support common goals and objectives
Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- Direct experience designing commercial, residential, and municipal buildings in Canada
- Registered or is eligible to register as an Engineer-in-training (EIT) or P.Eng, with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com