MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Lead Surveyor for our client – a professional geomatics firm based in Calgary, Alberta leading the industry through the use of unique technologies and allowing 100% work from home or on site work environments.
Reporting to the VP, the Lead BC Land Surveyor will act as a Project Lead signing off on various upstream oil and gas, wellsite and pipeline projects located in Northern BC. As the team continues to grow, they will become a District Lead and play a role in building their team. This role is 100% work from home; however, candidates must be located in BC or Alberta as occasional travel to sites will be required.
The successful candidate will bring 10-15+ years of experience, previous experience in the oil and gas sector within Northern BC, and an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and professional demeanour.
If you are a driven, forward-thinking, and well-connected Land Surveyor looking for a flexible, senior-level role to kick your career up a notch, this is the role for you!
• Managing survey projects of various sizes
• Working with field crews, drafters, plan checkers, and Land Surveyors
• Working with other Project Leads for sharing of resources
• Creating and submitting project estimates to clients
• Working with clients to understand the project scope
• Working in a dynamic environment with changing deadlines
• Drafting or Calculation of well site, pipeline, as-built, and legal plans
• Aid in creation of clean and professional-looking deliverables
• Quality Control of data and deliverables
• Understanding of Land Survey drawings and Western Canadian Land Tenure systems
• 10-15 years of progressive land surveying experience, preferably within the oil and gas sector
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with a proven ability to work independently with little to no supervision
• Must have previous experience working on projects in Northern BC
• Strong computer skills
• Previous business development experience is an asset
• Must reside in BC or Alberta, preference given to candidates living in Central/Northern BC
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com