Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Marine Biologist on behalf of our client, an Environmental Consulting Firm well-known for its dynamic approach and fast-paced growth. It has been recognized as one of Canada's top 100 small and medium employers for six consecutive years and is also considered one of Canada's best employers!
This individual will have a positive attitude and the ability to be flexible as part of a small group of multidisciplinary biologists. They believe firmly in the importance of teamwork and adding value to the team. They can manage time effectively and are enthusiastic, positive and focused on solutions to complex problems.
- Coordinating marine and aquatic projects with tasks including planning and executing field programs, coordinating subcontractors, applying for permits, and providing project deliverables in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Leading field programs including: bio-inventories, species at risk surveys, hydroacoustic monitoring, side-scan sonar surveys, sediment sampling, SCUBA surveys, aquatic effects assessments, and habitat offsetting.
- Writing environmental monitoring reports, aquatic environmental assessments, and offsetting plans for submission to clients and regulators.
- Identifying and designing offsetting habitat including riparian areas, tidal marshes, spawning beaches, rock reefs, eelgrass beds, and green shorelines.
- Supporting project management including preparing proposals, tracking project deliverables, and preparing marketing materials.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- A minimum of a B.Sc. and five years of experience; however, a M.Sc. and three years experience is preferred.
- Registered Professional Biologist (R.P. Bio) or eligible upon application.
- Expertise with one or more of the following: British Columbia coastal marine habitats, underwater noise and hydroacoustic, marine mammals, marine species at risk, preparing environmental assessments.
- Certified as a WorkSafe BC or DCBC SCUBA diver to join our scientific dive team is a plus.
- Clear and concise communications and report writing.
- Experience in delivering reports on time and on budget that meet regulatory requirements.
- Training in project management including project planning, health and safety, and overseeing project implementation is a benefit, but not required.
- Experience working with a diverse clientele including developers, resource companies and governmental agencies such as DFO and Public Services and Procurement Canada.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com