MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Mine Manager with experience in aggregates for our client – a leader in the construction materials sector.
This Mine Manager will lead, manage, direct, and coordinate the overall mining and production operations for one of our client’s mines. They will utilize their technical and interpersonal skills to ensure successful operations and continued collaboration with first nations partners and the greater community.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to the location of the mine as, while the role is mainly based out of an office, they will be required to visit the manufacturing site as required and be available after hours and on weekends for emergencies. Relocation assistance is provided.
If you’re an experienced professional in the mining or building materials sector looking for a leadership role with a renowned organization, this might be just what you’ve been looking for!
• Provide leadership to the mine’s management team and employees in all aspects of mining, production, repair and maintenance, quality control and administration.
• Implement and enhance the mine’s safety program.
• Establish positive employee/labour relations, promote teamwork at all levels of the organization and encourage employee development and training.
• Develop, implement, and execute specific strategies, plans and objectives to maximize the utility of resources, continuously improve the mine’s productivity and minimize costs.
• Tracking of key performance indicators and implementation of standard operating procedures with a continuous focus on improvement.
• Develop operating budgets and ensure their successful implementation.
• Identify capital improvement/sustaining projects, prepare their authorization, and ensure successful implementation of the recommended projects.
• Oversee compliance with environmental and mining regulations, policies and procedures
• Develop and foster a constructive and collaborative relationship
• Establish and maintain community relations to sustain a positive profile within the community
• University degree, preferably in Engineering (Mining, MECH, Civil), Geology, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate employees at all levels of the organization
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in mining or building materials production of a medium to large scale operation
• Knowledge of crushing, screening, conveying, washing aggregates is a major asset
• Substantial/proven leadership experience
• Demonstrated track record of achieving results in a complex production environment
• Knowledge of collective agreements and experience working in a unionized environment
• Experience in first nation relations is an asset
• Proven negotiation skills
• High level knowledge of business/financial management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND1