On behalf of our client, Matchbox Consulting Group is searching for a Modular Construction Project Manager to work out of Langley, BC.
Role and Responsibilities
Our client is seeking a skilled Project Manager to support their manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate would possess a deep understanding of modular building processes and have experience managing large modular construction projects. They would be responsible for ensuring timely client sign-off on materials for purchasing, coordinating inspections with engineers and consultants throughout the manufacturing process, and providing valuable insights into the design department. Additionally, they would act as a liaison between purchasing, design, management and operations- ideally having some experience in these aspects of construction.
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on every project;
- Apply requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance with HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project;
- Ensure projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes while maintaining quality standards;
- Develop and maintain construction schedules in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates; provide clear direction to team members to ensure project targets are achieved;
- Facilitate project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support ongoing project progression;
- Work with project teams to identify and manage opportunities and risks, aiming to achieve best possible impact on schedule and financial targets;
- Maintain, track, and report financial aspects of projects including forecasts and billings;
- Manage procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards.
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology;
- Demonstrated negotiation/management skills;
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule;
- Understanding of construction costs and budgets;
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively identify solutions;
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plans and schedules;
- Certificate, diploma or University Degree an asset.
- Advanced Computer Skills with the ability to use MS Office, with proficiency in word, excel, outlook, and MS project.
- A self-starter able to prioritize effectively; works well either independently or in a group.
- A person of integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation who’s committed to growth.
- Motivated to find a solution when confronted by a problem – no matter the size.
- One who seeks ways to do things better; eagerly activates and embraces change.
- Curious, collaborative, passionate and extremely detail oriented.
- A thought leader who thinks ahead of the curve and spots trends.
- A steward of your community; committed to giving back and serving others.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; effectively manages workload to meet deadlines while remaining results oriented and delivering high quality work.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...