MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Multi-Family Construction Manager for our client who is an established developer surrounding downtown Calgary. They are gearing up to become one of the city's largest developers in the next few years, and YOU can be a vital part of this journey. Enjoy a dynamic company culture and exceptional benefits. If you’re experienced in the construction industry, your skills are greatly appreciated in an environment that embraces and navigates change in the company’s rapid growth trajectory.
Team camaraderie is greatly valued, supported by experienced professionals who have collaborated with significant industry players. With opportunities for cross-training, this is an excellent environment for those eager to learn and bring their own unique skillset to the table. Join us in this thrilling phase of expansion and innovation by applying today.
- Set goals and manage direct team and trades
- Follow the company’s best practices, building codes, and safety requirements when scheduling work.
- Recruit trades, team, and vendors in alignment with employer’s goals
- Oversee quality of homes, mitigate problems and recognize production risks
- Ensure team completes and complies with all safety and construction processes.
- Builds strong working relationships within direct teams and across multiple disciplines, liaises with head office.
- Ensures quality across all construction stages and implements streamlined processes for improved speed, quality, and cost-efficiency across the entire business.
- Understands financial metrics for the business and strives to increase profitability.
- Maintains knowledge of contracts, contract status, and negotiations with trades and suppliers.
- 10+ years' residential construction experience, including wood-frame apartments with parkades.
- Commercial construction experience is an asset
- Civil/Construction Engineering Technologist diploma/BSc. or Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter trade certification.
- Strong project management, building code, and safety code knowledge.
- A “safety champion” with advanced knowledge of site and team safety requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and construction/scheduling technologies
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Collaborates effectively with all stakeholders.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com