MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Site Safety Coordinator in Calgary, AB for a developer-builder with commercial and multi-family projects.
- Oversee the management of corporate safety program by developing, implementing and monitoring safe work practices to meet business targets and objectives and comply with all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Coordinate training programs, safety and environmental policy and procedures.
- Provide direction and support to the Site Superintendents and workers.
- Ensure that all company and government safety rules and regulations are enforced.
- Monitor operations for compliance with all applicable health, safety and environment legislation and make recommendations to improve compliance standards.
- Advise management of continuous improvement initiatives as required for health, safety and environment standards.
- Conduct reviews of the job site to ensure workers, supervisors, foremen and sub-trades are following the company safety program policies and OH&S procedures.
- Review statistics and report to Corporate Safety Manager including review and sign-off for accident/ incident investigation, time lost, OH & S requirements and corrective actions.
- Review internal and external safety audits with Corporate Safety Manager.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork towards the Corporate Safety Program, ensuring due diligence to all safety, health and environmental issues.
- University Degree or College Diploma in related field is preferred.
- Safety Certification through ACSA or OH&S is required.
- Knowledge of Building Codes and Construction Safety a definite asset.
- 3-5 years progressive experience managing a safety program in a multi-site organization essential.
- Sound working knowledge of the Alberta OH&S Act, Workers Compensation and other related regulations/legislation is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve through issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong ability to develop interpersonal relationships with internal staff and external trades/suppliers.
- Covid vaccination is mandatory
Our client offers the following:
- Lots of growth opportunity and great culture.
- Competitive wages
- Strong project pipeline
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...