Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking an Overhead Distribution Team Lead, on behalf of for our client – a prominent engineering consultancy recognized as one of the leading Canadian Engineering and Energy Services Companies. For the past 50+ years, our client has played a crucial role in the successful delivery of innovative, effective, and forward-thinking solutions and are known for their high level of professionalism and commitment to their projects.
Working with the Project Manager, the Overhead Distribution Team Lead assumes responsibility for delivery of program and project design work. This includes directing team member assignments, maintaining schedules, assisting in the control, and monitoring of the assigned lines of work, reviewing quality system checks for improvements, training, and mentoring team members, implementing any corrective actions when required, and delivery of work packages, reporting to clients on technical and process related issues.
In return, our client offers an flexible hybrid work environment out of their Vancouver office, competitive benefits, and unparalleled growth opportunities for employees to take their careers any direction they please.
If you’ve been seeking a leadership role with a consultancy who offers an impeccable project pipeline with some of the largest organizations in Canada, tremendous career growth potential, and a collaborative, fun culture, this is one role you don’t want to miss!
- Review design packages to assign work to designers appropriate for their skill level.
- Review all client driven process change documents and engineering standards revisions for scope impacts. Communicate any necessary actions to the team.
- Prepare training and deliver training material to team members as part of teamwork learning, and overall program quality.
- Work with the Project Manager to update and manage project tracking sheets.
- Manage production schedule to adhere to the clients’ delivery schedules. Adjust schedules and workflows on the clients’ requests, monitor schedule and document any schedule variances. Escalate units in danger of being late to the PM to further action.
- Work with PM and PMAs on scope change documentation, identify scope change and instruct team members on working within approved scope.
- Work with Senior Designers to deliver effective IQA to the designers. Check that all QA is done prior to submission of units to EDQC for approval.
- Work with assigned PORs for Project Quality Checks where engineering engagement is required.
- Identify areas for process improvement to the PM.
- Assist the PMs to review and update variance reports.
- Identify program performance issues, staff resourcing and performance, design quality, and escalate issues to the POR, or management as soon as identified.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Technology Diploma or Equivalent Experience.
- 3+ years of direct experience performing overhead distribution design.
- Proven ability to lead a team of designers.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Strong skill with programmes such as MS Excel and Word.
- PLSCAD and SPIDACalc Software experience.
- Previous experience using Smallworld or equivalent GIS system.
- SAP or equivalent estimating software experience.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team’s extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com