MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Construction Manager with extensive pipeline project experience to work on a 3-year contract and play a key leadership role in the construction and operation of an LNG export facility.
Reporting to the Pipeline Project Manager, this Construction Manager will work with a key contractor on behalf of our client to optimize the cost, schedule, and quality of the pipeline. Prior to construction, this position would be based in Surrey and, once construction is underway, up to 70% of the time will be spent in the field north of Vancouver to oversee construction activities. This position will work closely with the EPC, contractors, and subcontractors. As such, interested candidates must be based in or near the Lower Mainland or be willing to relocate.
If you’ve been looking to work on a legacy project with an iconic organization, this is one opportunity you don’t want to miss!
• Provide owner input to EPC procurement and construction strategy and execution to optimize project cost, schedule, and quality.
• Provide input on alternative facilities and pipeline construction strategies to optimize constructability, risk, schedule, and cost.
• Support EPC and their contractors in their efforts to secure the regulatory authorizations necessary for project execution from First Nations, federal, provincial, and municipal jurisdictions.
• Identify and capitalize on synergies to optimize cost and schedule.
• Review and input on quality management plan, quality assurance plan and quality control requirements and ongoing quality control.
• Ensure international standards and best practices are adopted.
• 100% compliance with health and safety and environmental requirements.
• Weekly and monthly reporting including construction progress, cost and schedule.
• Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• 15+ years of pipeline project execution experience, including both the development and construction phases
• MUST have experience working on site as a Construction Manager or equivalent – not as a Project Engineer or Manager
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills with a high ability to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to provide low-cost solutions to complex pipeline challenges.
• Proven track record of delivering projects safely, on time and within budget to the level of quality specified in the contracts.
• Experience in tunnelling and micro-tunnelling preferred.
• Previous experience in Canadian regulatory requirements is preferred.
• Experience working with large multi-disciplinary teams and contractors in a multicultural environment is an asset.
• Communication/interpersonal skills – interacting with front-line workers through to management and all hierarchical levels.
• Accepts responsibility and demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of tasks and targets.
• Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and change priorities within tight time frames.
• Demonstrates and seeks accountability within the team.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g., MS Office)
• Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks.
• Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes.
• Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development.
• A valid driver’s license/abstract and passport.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com