On behalf of our valued client, MatchBox Consulting Group is searching for a pipeline construction Project Manager. It is the largest project in the pipeline’s history, and it involves installing approximately 980 kilometers of new pipeline, as well as new and modified facilities.
As a Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of Construction and Project Management professionals. This position is field based and located in Abbotsford, BC. Learn from your Leader, the Senior Project Manager, Pipelines.
- Responsible for the project execution
- Management of General Construction Contractors in preparing for and executing the Project construction activities.
- Supervise and direct LEMS, RFI’s and other similar processes throughout construction to ensure project delivery is on time and within budget.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Team.
- Maintain close communication with the Engineering Manager and Construction Manager.
- Take a proactive approach to risk management to ensure project risks are identified, mitigated and managed.
- Oversee the review and approval of GCC construction documents and execution plans, including obtaining acceptance from key stakeholders.
- Liaise with other Project Managers as required to ensure coordination, consistency and compatibility through construction.
- Coordinate with Operations for key construction activities such as tie-ins, work over top of the existing pipeline, and commissioning and startup.
- Input to the selection of subcontractors and equipment vendors required to carry out construction execution.
- Complete regular project reports and updates, including cost, schedule, progress and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the Project Safety Plan and Environmental Protection Plan are implemented and complied with during construction.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working as a Professional Engineer or Technologist within the Oil and Gas Industry
- Project Management experience leading major pipeline or facilities projects (Operator and/or EPC) is required
- Experience working on projects with Federal regulators.
- Experience leading and managing contractors (union and nonunion workforce) in a complex work environment is required
- Degree in Engineering or an Engineering Technologist Diploma.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Strong organizational skills, technical knowledge and people skills to interface with a diverse group of third-party contractors and internal and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork, communication, people skills and achieving milestones are important to the success in this role.
Other Requirements and Information:
- This role requires working a 6 and 1 shift schedule.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required.
- Site and/or project office work
A Rewarding Opportunity
- An opportunity to work for a world class pipeline project in Canada;
- Valuable experience providing opportunity for professional development and career advancement;
- An opportunity to engage with and learn from some of the most talented and experience people in the business;
- Competitive compensation;
- A place to share a sense of purpose and build relationships;
- Meaningful work that makes a difference;
- An opportunity within the Canadian energy industry.
- The health, safety and wellness of everyone working on or impacted by our Project;
- Meaningful participation from Indigenous and local communities;
- The commitment and resilience of our people;
- Collaboration and achieving success together.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...