MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a Product Owner for a permanent role with a client of ours located in Vancouver.
- Work with Product, Client Success and Customer Service teams to research, understand, and validate user needs and market opportunities; and translate them into product requirements
- Form a deep understanding of our users and new markets by conducting user research, synthesizing data from metrics and sales/customer conversations, and testing core assumptions
- Assist the Product Manager on defining product strategy by closely working with all stakeholders to achieve company’s strategic goals
- Work with highly efficient engineering teams to deliver products built with cutting edge technology effectively and usefully
- Manage project scope by making tradeoffs between key software requirements such as time vs cost, software security vs speed
- Create and groom the product backlog based on priority driven from users and Product Strategy
- Manage both internal stakeholder and user expectations of application features and capabilities based on team capacity and initiative estimates
- Work with engineering teams to assess and mitigate potential security vulnerabilities in the product
- 2-3 years of experience as a Product Owner. You have seen a successful track record of delivering high value products to customers.
- A Computer Science or engineering background ensuring you can intelligently communicate with all stakeholders about technical tradeoffs and product details
- Excellent communication skills. Able to convey complex ideas to elicit stakeholder alignment and buy-in across all levels of the business
- Strong understanding of how product development teams operate cross functionally. You have the know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact the Product
- High EQ. Able to motivate people around a common goal, and facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between disparate groups
- Strong hands-on experience managing digital product (like ecommerce site) development including developer facing products (like APIs) and shipping elegant client facing products
- Strong sense of software security and experience of working with engineering or security teams at early stages of product development
- You are comfortable thinking through processes and workflows, anticipating points of failure, and working to make processes robust
- Experience of working with one or multiple high-performing teams of software engineers using Agile software development practices
- Experience with data analytics to understand product usage, identify opportunities, measure product performance and to suggest improvements to increase usage
- Proficiency in latest Product Management theory and concepts. Strong understanding of product design thinking and usability heuristics
- A strong understanding of Lean, Agile, and Product Management best practices, product design thinking and usability heuristics
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com