MatchBox Consulting is working closely with one of Western Canada’s largest and most prominent developer-builders in search for a skilled Project Accountant to join their amazing team. Our client is recognized as one of the best companies to work for in the construction industry, they are highly respected for their work culture and employee retention.
The ideal Project Accountant will have previous experience working in the construction and/or development field doing project accounting. The hired Project Accountant will have an opportunity working with some of the best talents in the industry while building an amazing career towards becoming a controller.
- Monitor project costs, report and explain variances
- Prepare project cash flow projections
- Prepare and review project cost forecasts
- Create cost allocation models for single and multi-use developments
- Preparation of monthly progress draws and related collections
- Maintain and update standard cost codes and job records
- Reconcile GL/WIP/Inventory transactions
- Liaise with Project Managers, Vendors and other project staff
- Letter of credit and bond reconciliation and administration
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation of audit information and support related to Construction and Development transactions
- Assist with KPI’s and financial statements
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger for Construction and Development projects
- Follow all aspects of month end close activities to meet deadlines
- Handle special projects, responsibilities and other duties as assigned by Manager
- Support the Finance, Construction and Development teams as required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in construction and/or development project accounting
- University level education
- Completion or in pursuit of professional accounting designation (CPA, (CA, CMA, CGA))
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Strong decision making, communication (both verbal and written), and analytical skills
- An organized self-starter who is attentive to detail and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute effectively within a team environment
- Solid computer skills – Timberline, Excel (and other MS Office), CaseWare
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com