MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Project Coordinator for our client – a multi-disciplined, self-performing General Contractor. For over a decade, our client has executed a range of large scale EPC/design-build and construction solution projects within the industrial, infrastructure, and institutional sectors across Western Canada and are known for their versatility and expertise.
The successful Project Coordinator will join a high performing team and contribute their experience to successfully execute projects which include water-related infrastructure (pump stations, wastewater treatment plants, etc.), ports & terminals, defence and military buildings, correctional and law enforcement buildings, and even remote arctic projects among others.
- Assist the Project Manager(s) in the successful planning and execution of each and every project.
- Lead in maintaining accurate document control records in order to effectively track all RFI’s, Shop Drawing Submittals, Transmittals, Change Orders and Purchase Orders and other relevant project controls.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure proper flow of documentation and communication between all project stakeholders.
- Ensure all project costs are reported using established cost reporting systems protocol
- Perform and/or coordinate accurate material take-offs, quality control plans, site safety plans, etc. specific to each project.
- Assist in preparing construction schedules and monitor progress against established milestone dates; assist with subcontractor scheduling as required.
- Order materials for projects and coordinate deliveries as required.
- Establish effective relationships with new and existing subcontractors; create subcontractor agreements and manage those agreements through project completion.
- Work with Project Managers to develop project cost controls, buy-outs, cost codes and budgets.
- Monitor project performance; including the project schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety & environment, and quality control.
- Assist in preparing schedule of quantities and monthly progress reports for payment.
- Send out requests for proposals to subcontractors and tracking all quotes received from subcontractors.
- Project Coordinator: 3 years (required)
- Construction management software: 3 years (required)
- Effective computer skills involving Word, Excel, Adobe, Projects, Bluebeam, Procor, B2W.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com