On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Project Engineer with Manufacturing or Heavy Industrial experience.
Working closely with GM, Capital Projects, as well as Operations Management and Contractors, you will be responsible for leading activities related to the safe, timely, efficient and effective execution of approved capital projects in Sawmills. You will ensure that project cost assumptions are accurate and achievable, projects remain on scope and any variances from scope are reported quickly, and that projects will be well planned and implemented and project management systems support a sensible approach which is easily managed and understood.
- Ensure that all stakeholders recognize that safety is to be a primary focus of all projects and that those directly involved with the project perform all duties in compliance with safety standards established by the Company and regulation;
- Exemplify management’s commitment to the environment by incorporating environmental considerations into all work processes and interactions;
- Develop comprehensive project estimates to ensure that all projects are initiated with budgets that are both realistic and promote high value return.
- Work closely with assigned financial personnel to provide accurate project costing and ensure that approved capital projects remain on budget;
- Act as owner’s representative for contractors employed or establish alternates in periods of absence;
- Ensure work in area is compliant with the requirements of law, relevant regulators, and consistent with internal policy and control procedures.
- Engage subject matter experts, process specialists, or engineers for technical determinations to ensure regulatory compliance and/or technical conformance.
- Assess and minimize risk in all associated assignments and communicate effectively with senior management where moderate and high risks have been identified in any category of safety, environmental, quality, schedule or cost;
- Build risk assessment into projects and into the assessment of registered business threats and review regularly at project review meetings with project teams;
- Identify and report risks with regards to aging infrastructure such that plans may be developed and budgeted for;
- Follow a reliable and transparent process in the execution of projects, including developing project specifications, evaluation of proposals, detailed schedules, vendor and contractor selection, equipment and service quotations, selection and purchasing;
- Work with and develop a strong business relationship with selected vendors/suppliers and contractors to ensure the reliable execution of company projects; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- The incumbent will possess a post-secondary degree in Engineering or Wood Products Processing or a comparable combination of education and relevant experience;
- Possesses a PMP or equivalent designation; and,
- project management experience in a wood processing or industrial maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key business relationships;
- Able to overcome internal challenges or obstacles;
- Established project management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; and,
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com