MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Project Engineer with substation experience within the electric utility industry for a 1-year contract position, with a high potential for renewal, with one of BC’s largest award-winning utility companies.
Our client’s Stations Engineering team is seeking a Project Engineer who can utilize their experience and expertise in substations to deliver high-quality engineering, planning, estimating, and quality management services for medium-complexity projects and operations. The ideal candidate should have a keen focus on safety, budget constraints, and timely delivery of results. The role is based out of their Burnaby office in a hybrid model and there will be occasional travel to sites across BC about 10-15% of the time.
If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to work for a renowned organization where you can further build your career and where your work will directly impact thousands of British Columbians for years to come then this is the role for you.
- Develop safe engineering solutions by using initiative and judgement to perform tasks including developing designs, analyzing and resolving problems, and interpreting engineering specifications
- Assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives by proposing changes in plans and estimated costs, preparing progress reports, coordinating work schedules, etc.
- Resolve design and field engineering problems by conducting studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, and recommending safe engineering designs to support successful completion.
- Communicate with stakeholders and perform activities such as defining the scope of engineering services to be provided, establishing the basic design criteria, approving all related technical documentation, and assessing and reporting on work progress.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be registered as a P.Eng with EGBC.
- Willing to travel occasionally to sites across BC with a valid Class 5 Drivers’ License.
- A minimum eight (8) years of substation engineering experience including significant time working in the electrical utility industry, and a degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...